Updating Divi Pages is simple, once you know what to look for
In this post, I will share the steps for updating Divi pages on your Divi themed WordPress site. Keep in mind, you are editing PAGES here, not blog posts. Pages are typically static content in WordPress that are initially created by you, your web designer or web developer.
You will first need to know what page you want to edit. To do this, while on the page, look at the URL in your browser. For example, if you’re viewing the “About” page of your site at “http://example.com/about”, you will have to go to the “about” page in the Pages/All Pages tab as described below.
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard with credentials created when you set up your site, or those provided to you by your developer or admin. Once you are logged in, you will be on the “WordPress Dashboard“. This is your control center, where all the good stuff happens. NOTE: Users with “Administrator” privileges can change anything. Please be careful and think twice about what you are clicking on.
2. Click on the “Pages” then “All Pages” tab on the left side of the dashboard.
3. Locate the page that you want to edit from the list. If you have many pages, you can use the “search” feature on the upper right. Type in a word relating to the page and click the Search Pages button. Just below the Search Pages option, you will see the number of items (Pages in this case) and the number of screens the items span across.
4. Hover over any title and additional options will be displayed, Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View.
5. Click the Edit button the edit the page or the page title to edit the page. This will bring you to the Edit Page option.
6. Find “The Divi Builder” section.
7. Click the Hamburger Icon (three horizontal lines) that start with “Text…”. This is a “Text Module”.
8. The next screen will display your text. This is similar to a Word document editor. Simple add, delete or modify the text you want to edit.
9. You can “Preview” what your changes will look like by clicking the “Eye” icon between the “Save & Add to Library” and “Save & Exit” buttons at the bottom.
10. When you are happy with your edits, click the “Save & Exit”.
11. Before you’re finished, you will need to click the blue “Update” button on the Edit Page screen. After a few seconds, you will see Page updated and a View page link.
You have successfully edited a Divi page.
Editing a page is more difficult than adding a post to your blog. Once your site is setup and all the pages edited to your preferences, you will seldom have to edit the pages.